Sunday, October 02, 2011

THE VAMPIRE BAT (1933) - on YouTube!

If you are a fan of the classic horror film of the 1930s and 40s and have yet to see THE VAMPIRE BAT I recommend that you check it out. Luckily we live in such a wonderful world for the movie fan that the entire hour-long film is available FREE for viewing on the mighty YouTube! How freakin' cool! Here's the basic plot description from Wikipedia -

"When the villagers of Kleinschloss start dying of blood loss, the town fathers suspect a resurgence of vampirism. While police inspector Karl remains skeptical, scientist Dr. von Niemann cares for the vampire's victims one by one, and suspicion falls on simple-minded Herman Gleib because of his fondness for bats. A blood-thirsty mob hounds Gleib to his death, but the vampire attacks don't stop."

What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

Brad said...

This was film that my dad picked up on VHS when I was 6 or 7. It stayed in my head for 25 years. I watched it again the other day on a Mill Creek pack and it was a lot of fun. Lionel Atwill AND Dwight Frye? Count me in!

Rod Barnett said...

Isn't great to be able to see these things so easily now?