Friday, February 11, 2011

Elizabeth Montgomery - TV dream woman!

I grew up watching reruns of a lot of different 1960s era TV shows - this was one of the things you did as a kid in the 1970s. I'm sure if cable hadn't come along kids in the 1980s would have been watching shows from my childhood as after school television too, but now that there are a billion channels and a million cheap-ass reality TV shows the days of seeing into the past via decades old sitcoms and dramas is a relic never to be resurrected. I'm not sure that's a good or bad thing but it does make me think about the women I watched on the boob tube and how they shaped my burgeoning interest in the fairer sex. Several lovely ladies became symbols of female perfection for me (and I'm sure many others) and over the next few weeks I'll spotlight a few of them. First up the gorgeous Miss Montgomery, star of the amusing magical comedy Bewitched. I still get a tingle when she twitches her nose!






4 comments:

Brian Lindsey said...

Know exactly what you mean, Rod. I grew up on a steady diet of '60s TV shows (syndicated in the '70s)... STAR TREK, LOST IN SPACE, WILD WILD WEST, DRAGNET, RAT PATROL, DANIEL BOONE, I DREAM OF JEANNIE... and, of course, BEWITCHED.

Rod Barnett said...

Barbara Eden is up next!

kelli.nnz said...

Same here! I'll never forget watching reruns of '60s TV shows after school and on the weekends. I still enjoy catching them when I can. Loved Sam on "Bewitched." She was sexy, smart, funny, and adorable. Nice tribute to her :)

alacrán de libra said...

Lost in Space was my very favorite! I LOVED that TV series! Now, when I look back at the video clips on Youtube, I wonder how in the world I could've watched such a silly TV program. I guess it had it's time, as did I.