Saturday, March 01, 2008

What I watched in February 2008



BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: RAZOR (2007)- 8
PULP (1972)- 8
OCEAN’S THIRTEEN (2007)- 8
I HATE MY BODY (1974)- 6
THE DELTA FORCE (1986)- 3
THE CASTLE OF THE LIVING DEAD (1964)- 5
MACUMBA SEXUAL (1981)- 4
RAMBO (2008)- 7
MIDNIGHT MOVIES (2007)- 8 (great IFC documentary)
SHOWDOWN (1973)- 5
SUNSHINE (2007)- 9
THE LOOKOUT (2007)- 8
THIS FILM IS NOT YET RATED (2006)- 8
DIE! DIE! MY DARLING! (1965)- 7
THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHEROCK HOLMES (1970)- 8 (rewatch)

I only got out to the theater once this past month but I was surprised by my visit. RAMBO turned out to be a pretty darned good film. I've never been a fan of the series finding them simple-minded exercises in jingoistic BS, but this was a well done movie. It's as violent as it can be but I had no problem with that.

On the television front I'm still slowly watching the first season of HEROES. I have to admit that though I like the show its not something I find really compelling. It's very good, but I just am just not that invested in it as a viewer. I may never see the second season.

Thanks to ComCast On Demand I caught another couple of episodes of THE RIFLEMAN and enjoyed them. I've also been keeping up with THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES and I'm finally up to date on LOST. The Terminator show is OK with a lot of (so far) unrealized potential. Its not bad but not great. It sadly hovers in the mid-range and if I weren't watching it with a friend I might have given up on it by now.

LOST on the other hand is brilliant! They have finally brought in the time slip idea and that is really firing things up. I loves me some science fiction weirdness! I can't wait to see how this season plays out- now that the writers strike is over.

No comments: