Sunday, January 06, 2008

Horror Haiku by Randy Fox

One of the great joys of my life is that I have a large and very gifted group of friends that share lots of the same wacky interests as I. Often they will come up with something so fun or simply funny that I won't be able to get it out of my head for days or even sometimes for years. Such was the case recently when my buddy Randy Fox sent out via email a series of Haiku poems composed after watching a slew of older horror films. These stuck with me for weeks until I decided ask him if I could borrow them for this blog. Randy was more than happy to oblige and so I will now present a few of his poetic efforts with occasional illustrations.


Scream and Scream Again
1970 - directed by Gordon Hessler

Vampire killer!
Commie killer, what the f*ck?
Vincent in acid!









Lust for a Vampire
1971 - directed by Jimmy Sangster

Ray Davies gets bit
Wow! Big ol' Danish boobies!
Draculers in flames!










Vault of Horror
1973 - directed by Roy Ward Baker

Blood on the menu
Terry Thomas in pieces!
Doc Who's head goes squash!

More to follow!

No comments: